Geoff Smith has championed character education since 1992 and has enormous experience in delivering within schools as well as contributing to policy/resources nationally in this field.
• 1992 – Introduced character education to Ludgvan School, Cornwall.
• 1998 Seconded to Canada contributing to the development of Virtue’s Project `Educators Guide’ (2000) described by the UN as a “model global program for families of all cultures” and “the bridge between cultures.” by the Dalai Lama
• 2008- At Kehelland School established a character curriculum based on virtues recognized by the Jubilee Centre for Character Education/Virtues as “incredible example” for other schools.
• 2011 Parental workshops on character provided in school and local area
• 2012 Character education blog and resources website started – http://www.teachingvirtues.co.uk
• 2013 Delivered staff training on character education to Nishkam -a Sikh multi faith school in Birmingham.
• 2013 Elected to Virtues Project International Association Board to share expertise on the UK curriculum
• 2014 Awarded contract to write UK `Primary Character Curriculum` for Birmingham University – detailed character lessons for EYFS, KS1 & 2
• 2015 consulted by Floreat, who are founding London character schools
Your work is terrific – and so badly needed. I’m deeply cheered by what you are doing, knowing that in a corner of Cornwall, education is proceeding as it should. How lucky your pupils are. With very good wishes, Alain De Botton